Twitter

Monday, December 10, 2012

Free Agency

On Friday, I was let go by Great Plains Media. I am thankful for the opportunity I was given to be on the air every day right out of school. Anyone who's talked to me over the 5 months I've been in Lawrence has known it hasn't been the easiest ride, but I never once took for granted that I had an hour every day to make my own on KLWN and that I was in a prime timeslot with major reach on KKSW.

Since Friday, the outpouring of support has been astounding. Although I haven't posted or said anything "publicly" until now, so many have reached out and shown their support. As I've told those people, yes this isn't ideal, but I have no doubt I'll land on my feet somewhere and hopefully soon. In the meantime, I will use this space to post original content including columns, podcasts and whatever else I can think of. To steal from my friend Jon "Jag" Gray, please do not use this space to bash my former employer.

As I search for a new job, I will continue to be based in Lawrence with the exception of a few week stretch in early January during which I will be based out of New York following the Pinstripe Bowl. To any potential employer reading this, I am available for fill-in work over the holidays, will travel and can likely get ISDN access nearby.

To all that have not only shown support, but offered help in various ways, I can't thank you enough. There is no good time to lose your job, but with the upcoming northern trip, I'm excited to see friends and family as well as explore new opportunities. Perhaps my greatest strength is networking, and I've not only built up a deep rolodex of contacts, but many of the people in it I consider friends. Many of these people have already started helping me look for what is next, and it is for this reason I firmly believe that I'll be back to work in a relatively short time. Thanks again for all the support and check back often for new and exciting work with some old familiar faces. I have a home studio and I know how to use it. Let the funemployment begin (hopefully leading to it's speedy end).

 Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment